Of course, Gorjuss has to have her constitutional first!
Paula, Suzanne and I hit the snowshoe trails around 11:30 am. Once we were in the trees we were much more comfortable-the wind was merciless today! We planned to do a moderate trail, but instead we ended up on a black diamond/difficult trail. I am very proud that I did not have to lean on my poles, gasping for breath at any point (but I was close at least once).
You can't really appreciate the slope unless you were there! Really!
The view of the slopes as we neared the top of Cherry Knoll.
The view from the ridge was breath-taking ( it wasn't just the wind). Suzanne was in the lead:
Paula taught me how to do a "safe" butt slide on steep slopes. As opposed to the "accidental" butt slides I usually do!
Checking to make sure we are heading in the same direction:
Suzanne and I on the ridge:
Paula, our fearless leader!
We came across an old lift that is obviously no longer in service.
The view from the ridge:
Our reward for making it to the top-vanilla vodka!
On the descent:
And one last view of the ski trails:
This was such a beautiful day, and I will treasure the memories of it for the rest of my life. The trail was a real lungburner, but the view was truly fantastic, and the company was unsurpassed.
ReplyDelete