Monday, January 26, 2009

Elizabeth's first snowshoe adventure

Sunday afternoon after our delightful hike up Cherry Knoll, Paula, Elizabeth and I went for a shorter, tamer, snowshoe adventure. Brandy was painting in the afternoon light and Kim and Suzanne took off up the Cherry Knoll trail as the three of us hiked the flatter areas around the sports center. This was Elizabeth's first time on snowshoes-she was amazing!

The group as we headed out: Paula, Suzanne, Kim and Elizabeth.


Elizabeth learning the basics from our fearless leader, Paula.


Learning to go up a hill...


And back down...


Her first, and only, fall. She looks like she is worshipping our fearless leader!


She certainly looks like she is having fun!


Goal! Not sure what she was actually doing here, but that's what it looks like to me.


The rest of the snowshoeing crowd caught up with us toward the end of our hike.


A few pictures of the scenery:


This is almost the same view as a photo in the last post, taken only a few hours apart.


A view of the group on our way home.


All of this clean air and hard work builds up an appetite. Suzanne was the main chef for the night...


...with assistance from Brandy and Paula.




Another amazing meal-fettucine in clam sauce with a beautiful salad.




I tried to develop a taste for scotch. I nursed this glass for several hours and drank about 1/3 of the volume. But I didn't shudder with every sip as I have done in the past!




We then had a great night of music (with Brandy serving as DJ).

It was the low light that makes this photo blurry, not the scotch. I promise.

There are pictures of us dancing and generally carrying on, but Elizabeth will have to post those. Overall, it was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment